AccuTrans 3D provides accurate translation of 3D geometry between the file formats used by many popular modeling programs. Positional and rotational information for the 3D meshes is maintained.
Also many material attributes, such as color, index of refraction, reflection, specularity and Phong shading, are transferred between the files. Textures and UV coordinates are supported.
The program has been enhanced with additional features to make it more than just a 3D file conversion program.
- When a file is read, objects with more than one material / color assigned are divided into sub objects.
- Convert coplanar triangular faces into Quads (4 sided polygons).
- Align surface normals for 3D Studio, LightWave, Lightscape, RenderWare and VRML.
- Select and deselect the layers to be saved to a file.
- Scale 3d objects when either reading or writing files.
- Create planar, cylindrical or spherical UV texture coordinates.
- Create bitmaps of any size, one at a time or in batch mode, to use as thumbnails.
- Create clip map objects and save as LightWave LWO files
- Multiple Document Interface: read and display up to 12 files with each file in its own document window.
- Copy and paste layers from one document window to another window.
- Polygon reduction.
- Delete selected polygons from a mesh.
- Divide selected polygons in a mesh into multiple triangles.
- Move triangles from one layer to either a new layer or another existing layer.
- Creates polygon meshes for exploded solids that have been saved to a R12 (Release 12) DXF file. Primitive solids are not supported as AutoCAD does not write primitive solids to a R12 DXF file